Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on prevention against diseases with major unmet needs. Valneva’s portfolio includes two commercial vaccines for travelers: IXIARO®/JESPECT® indicated for the prevention of Japanese encephalitis and DUKORAL® indicated for the prevention of cholera and, in some countries, prevention of diarrhea caused by ETEC. The Company has various vaccines in development including unique vaccines against Lyme disease, chikungunya and COVID-19. Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the US with over 500 employees.
An opportunity has arisen at Valneva Scotland for a Management Accountant.
Ensure that all financial systems and processes for Valneva Scotland Ltd are executed in compliance with the requirements of both internal and external regulations and according to the business need. Supporting the Head of Finance in the delivery of value added financial function.
- Completion of all month end routines and complete up to Draft Management Accounts and commentary
- Assist the Head of Finance in the completion of the Annual Budget and Quarterly reforecasts
- Ensure accuracy and maintenance of Accruals, Intercompany and Prepayments
- Deal with all financial queries in the absence of the Head of Finance
- Fixed asset register management
- Deal with all grant documentation, submission of applications for support and quarterly reports
- Provide detailed Revenue and Capital Expense analysis to budget heads and Site Executive members
- Assist Head of Finance in collating COGS data
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the line manager in accordance with company requirements
- Support the management all accounting and financial affairs of Valneva Scotland and contribute to the site performance as agreed through the performance management objectives:
- Be responsible for the reporting of key business metrics, and use such metrics to drive a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Monitor and report budget variances on a monthly basis
- Continue to develop controlling systems to improve cost effectiveness
- Project Accounting for major new initiatives
- Coordination of reporting requirements for 3rd party collaborations
- Qualified Accountant with relevant post qualifying experience
- Management of major contracts with complex reporting requirements
- Have knowledge and experience of working in an SME environment
- Have knowledge of budgeting and reforecasting
- Experience in Finance and Controlling in a manufacturing context, ideally in a multi-national environment
- Experience with standard controlling tools
- Strong experience of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment