Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on prevention against diseases with major unmet needs. Valneva’s portfolio includes two commercial vaccines for travelers: IXIARO®/JESPECT® indicated for the prevention of Japanese encephalitis and DUKORAL® indicated for the prevention of cholera and, in some countries, prevention of diarrhea caused by ETEC. The Company has various vaccines in development including unique vaccines against Lyme disease, chikungunya and COVID-19. Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the US with over 500 employees.
A vacancy has arisen within Valneva Scotland’s Quality Control Department for a QC Co-ordinator (Logistics).
We are looking for a positive and enthusiastic individual with a continuous improvement mind set to join and contribute to the QC team whilst maintaining compliance with our Quality Management System.
Out of hours working and/or overtime may be required due to business needs.
- Organise testing and shipment of QC samples and materials to approved test houses, including Valneva Austria, using defined procedures
- Align sample shipments and return of expected results to the manufacturing schedule whilst maintaining GMP compliance
- Act as the Subject Master Expert (SME) for QC sample planning to coach/train others, as appropriate, to undertake the role at times of absence
- Act as central point of contact for QC for the receipt of CofAs from Valneva Austria and approved test houses
- Raise purchase requisitions for in process, final product, and raw material testing as required.
- Co-ordinate the storage of QC samples including maintenance of inventory logs, execution of routine stock checks and discard of applicable materials
- Co-ordinate the sampling of materials to support shipment schedules and analysis
- Apply best GMP work-practices and techniques to sampling
- Co-ordinate the release of raw materials ensuring the availability of materials to support the manufacturing, supply chain, and QC testing schedules
- Write, manage and progress QMS documentation to meet agreed target dates
- Immediately escalate and report deviations and issues through line management that may potentially impact sample shipment and/or analysis of materials required for the manufacturing schedule and QC testing schedules
- Ensure allocated area(s) adhere to 5S working practices and high levels of cleanliness are maintained to ensure a state of inspection readiness
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and liaise with QC line management (or other functions) to agree benefits and deployment plans
- Perform routine housekeeping activities in QC including cleaning of equipment and laboratory areas
- Ensure that all required training is complete in procedures performed and operate in compliance with best GMP working practices at all times
- Actively contribute to the development of the QC Logistics team, for example, through team meetings
- Deputise for the QC Raw Materials Co-ordinator and support the release of raw materials
- Act as departmental point of contact on relevant site projects
- Support other QC activities in line with the manufacturing schedule
- Degree in biological sciences or relevant experience
- Knowledge of GMP guidelines and regulatory bodies Biologics / vaccine background preferred
- Experience of Quality Management Systems
- Experience in working with Microsoft Excel, and ERP systems
- Experience of working to deadlines and managing conflicting priorities
- Experience working effectively in a team, influencing as appropriate
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable team player
- Ability to think analytically