Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on the development and commercialization of prophylactic vaccines for infectious diseases with significant unmet medical need. Valneva has leveraged its expertise and capabilities both to successfully commercialize two vaccines and to rapidly advance a broad range of vaccine candidates into and through the clinic, including candidates against Lyme disease, the chikungunya virus and COVID-19.
Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the U.S. with over 600 employees.
An opportunity has arisen in Livingston for Manufacturing Scientists.
We are currently operating a variety of shift patterns (both 8 hour and 12 hour patterns) , all will include some form of weekend working.
The purpose of this role is to execute defined and trained manufacturing steps for the production of a Covid-19 vaccine according to set procedures and protocols and according to best cGMP work practices and Quality standards.
- Execute production steps defined by SOPs, production records and protocol for manufacture of a Covid vaccine
- Apply best cGMP work practices and techniques
- Conduct on-time reporting according to defined document management standards
- Immediately escalate and report any deviations to materials, facilities, processes or procedures to the supervising team
- Conduct all activities in the most careful and safe manner and in full compliance with HSE requirements
- Ensure that at any time equipment, facilities and materials used in the area of responsibility comply with defined standards
- Support change controls, investigations and CAPAs in the most diligent manner
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and escalate those to the respective manufacturing supervisor or appropriate person
- Actively contribute to the development and maintenance of an enthusiastic, supportive and collaborative environment within the team setting
- Shift work and out of hours work as may be required
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the line manager in accordance with company requirements
- Be accountable that the individual workspace is clean, tidy and well organised
- Relevant degree or HNC/HND or equivalent experience
- Experience of cell culture and aseptic technique is essential
- Cleanroom experience
- Experience of working within a cGMP environment
- Experience of following SOPs within defined cGMP work practices
- Self-motivated individual
- Excellent comportment in cleanroom environment
- Good attention to detail and adherence to procedures
- Ability to execute activities following direction
- Experience of working in a busy team and at times, demanding environment